Thursday, December 11, 2008

A New Member to our Household

So upon deciding to write you this story, I've realized its actually not as funny as I thought when I have to write it, but I'm half way there anyway so I may as well continue. So,

Here is a little background info first, just cause I think its also somewhat amusing.

My one roomate who plays the violin (Jelena) just started seeing/dating this French viola player from my school (Baptist). (yes she is also the one that used to be dating the Korean piano virtuoso who was always traveling Korea) Baptist travels between Paris and our school weekly to play concerts and practice with quartets there so....as you can imagine, when he is in town they try and soak up as much time as they can together.

Well, somehow it began that because his house here in our town is far from ours, when he only stays in town for a couple nights he just sleeps here. (although a couple nights also equals the last 4 NIGHTS)

Its not like they're really loud or anything, he's super super shy and super respectful, to the point that yes he sleeps on her floor....and when they say bye to each other they barley hug.......and that's only if she initiates it! (Jelena thinks he's scared of her) also, to further the little bit of weirdness that is their relationship right now, he doesn't speak very good German, she doesn't speak very good French, so they sit in the kitchen and speak broken English which I think is kinda cute. (In my opinion, not so sure how long this relationship's gunna last but we'll see.....) ( also when he says hello to me he kinda bows..........should I curtsy?)

Ok so this is why musicians shouldn't date musicians (and I may eat my words someday if I find some hunky musician :P)

Today they were in the kitchen having a little chat.....I went in to get some tea and this is the conversation snipit that I heard.

Baptist: "tomorrow I go to Paris to practice with a cellist I've never worked with before."

Jelena: "oh, what pieces are you playing?"

B: "Beethovens 3rd"

J: "mmm....like da da da da da da da" and she begins singing it

B: "no, like.....da da da da da da da" he sings a different tune

J: "oh right, I only know the first movement of that one"

......I leave the room replaying what I have just heard in my head.

..........
...........
..................


.......These are the nicest people,! but they only know one way of life and that is music.

wow, their children will know every Beethoven, Bach, Mozart sonata ever written!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
!!!

Anyway, so I miss you guys TONS! hope you enjoyed this little tale....its just that if it had happened at home I would have wanted to share it so I thought I'd do it anyway.

LOVE

Katrina

No comments:

Post a Comment