Monday, April 27, 2009

Gettin' back in the game

So, for some reason I have a new desire to write here again.

I thought about it at first, and thought "oh man! then I'll have so much to write and try and re-cap from the last 4 months that I have written nothing...its too much work!"....but I decided just to give a brief summary of my reflections and then just start where I am in the here and now.

I hope to just write about some of the dumb stories that happen during my days..stories that I would normally tell people "at the end of the day" when I go home....you will be my "people at home" :)

So, first of all, I'm still here....still in the land of the Germans....I have 2 months left and I am definitely getting excited to come home!! I can't believe its somehow been almost 8 months that I've been here! That seems so unrealistic to think, but when I look at all the lessons I've learnt, I know it must not have been a dream.

Now, I'm not talking about lessons in school or German etc....although there have been many of those.....the things I've learnt about myself, about culture, people, and what's important in life out-way anything I could learn in school. Even thought now, I'm a little bit wishing for the end to come already, I wouldn't trade this experience for anything!

So, for the little dumb story of the day....
This morning I went to my Piano Improv class, which normally has 5 people in it, and it just so happened that I was the only one there. Therefore, I got to have the little old German piano-man professor all to myself! :).....This guy is an improv genious! I basically spent the class listening to him create peices on the spot as examples to me of what its like to just
"benutze dein Kopft oder das Wetter.....dann du ein Melodie hast!"--"use your head, or the weather and you'll have a melodie!"--ya easier said then done buddy!
Anyway, I enjoyed myself, and wondered at his amazing abilities. I havn't learnt as much jazz piano as I had possibly hoped for this year, when I found out the program existed....but because I traded in my classical piano lessons (hallelujia!) for singing lessons, I'll have more time to spend with improv stuff.

Anyway, that is all for now! but I will be back soon k!
Miss you guys and can not WAIT to see you in 2 months!!!!!!!!!!
Love
K

No comments:

Post a Comment