Saturday, May 30, 2009

Evening in the Park

Grillin......so last night I went to a Geburstag Partie (bday party) in the park. Another slightly familiar, yet different experience for me.

At around 10:30, my friend Johanna, her boyfriend Tommy and I headed to meet people at a park to celebrate. As we were walking I tried to think about if we do this at home...it didn't feel totally out of place, but it didn't feel super normal either. We're walking through this park at night, and there's about 5 different circles of people around our age, and now its time to guess as to which circle is our group of friends lol.....

So we walked by, squinting our eyes, hoping to see a familiar face through the darkness. Of course it was the last circle where we finally hit the jackpot! This is how they do it here. It was a pot-luck-style kinda dinner, and everyone brings some beer, and then you sit in cirlces and talk with each other. I tried to think about how we do it at home and this is what I discovered.

At home we have so much more land. We would of had a backyard BBQ or something instead of meeting at the park. I thought it was a really great idea though! you could see the stars, and everyone stayed outside instead of moving into the house etc.

Anyway.....that is all!
Love
K

ps- I'M GOING TO ITALY TODAY!!!! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment