Monday, May 18, 2009

Its the small things....


I just woke up and was getting my laundry together, and started thinking about the un-comparable brilliancy that is "homelaundrysystems"--a Denglish word for you all (Deutsch and English)-->the creating of new words by joining a bunch of previous words together :)

......This lead me to thinking about things I am now allowing myself to get a bit excited about when I am back in the Mother Land, and they are:

1. Home laundry!! that doesn't cost 3EURO (around 4 Canadian dollars) PER LOAD!...I'm pretty sure I will be bringing all my laundry home unclean (will you still be glad to see me mom?? :)

2. Home cooking! I am not a cooker by myself...with other people I don't mind,....but alone NEVER! For example, I get excited when I boil an egg for myself.....yes.

3. Driving. I have not driven a car for 8 Months! and all though driving isn't a favourite thing of mine, it is a bit missed.

4. Country. I miss the COUNTRY! Its cool to experience living in a city...and I do that in Waterloo at home too....but Waterloo is not even close to as big as Köln, I would call it more "townish"...this city is just under 1 million,.....and anyone who's been here or talked to me on skype knows that the street below me is extremely LOUD! The country is just somehow refreshing and peaceful!

5. Working! I am a job lover! and I havn't worked since September and I miss it! and so does my bank account.

ok, that is all for now.....I think I'll make a list of things I love about here too sometime....

Tchau!

K

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear you are missing the country:) Especially at your house!

    ReplyDelete