Tuesday, October 28, 2008

Gimpy, Limpy

Mien FuB ist kaput. I have never broken any bones, had maybe 5 stitches in my life a couple solid bruises here and there when I first started snowboarding, but other then that my ability to move around has never really been limited. Why now, when I have to walk EVERYWHERE, when I am so pumped to play volleyball 3 times a week, must my foot go and get itself swollen, and immobile?!

Even though after playing volleyball last week, I felt a bit of pain in my foot,…. I decided it was no big deal, it would get better fast and I didn’t have to worry about it. So I think that was actually happening, but I went and played again last night, and today I have a serious limp. I am now one of those annoying “slow walkers” on the sidewalk that you wish would just move over, or learn how to walk at a proper pace. I try really hard to make it look like I don’t have a problem haha, but its hard when my walking rhythm is
step …LLLLIIIFFFFFTTTT.step.LLIIIFFFFFFFTTTT..step..LLLIIFFFTTT etc (I hope you can hear that in your head ;)

haha, surprisingly though my spirits are at top notch. I’m annoyed by this inconvenience, but Fall is arriving and everything is so beautiful! The leaves are changing and falling to the ground covering the cobblestone roads and sidewalks. The wind is blowing, people are walking around with their boots, scarves and heavier jackets….the city is picture perfect European scene and I love it!

School is fairly familiar now, I have a couple friends in every class which is great! I really like my piano teacher (although this week has been real bad for practicing so we’ll see if she still likes me…..oh boy) I had my first jazz piano lesson last Friday!! (which I absolutely loved!! The teacher was great as well as the lesson ;) I’m looking forward to great weekend too! My roommate Magda and I are having a combined birthday party on Friday! Her birthday is Nov. 1 and mine is on the 4th SO we have 2 great reasons to celebrate! I think it will be a fantastic time! Oh! And today my parents sent me a package in the mail with things I am dying to have from home….I LOVE waiting for things to arrive in the mail! Then everyday there is the possibility of getting a surprise haha….its the little things in life I guess. Anyway, I love getting the updates from you!! Please keep them coming! Miss you!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear that your limping and that it is slowing you down from volleyball....still want you to make the canadian women's team for the next olympics!!!

    take care of yourself

    Mr. T

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Katrina. I like your blog! It's a great way to check in on your new life...Happy halloween - do they do that in Germany? Jake went out with some buddies last night. I stayed home and handed out candy to cute kiddies.
    Have a good weekend and hope you're not still limping.
    Ruth

    ReplyDelete