Monday, October 20, 2008

The Honeymoon Phase

If me and this German Adventure were in a relationship, I would say right now we’re about reaching the end of the “Honeymoon phase”. For the first 3 and a half weeks, I was in love with everything!.....now I still love everything, but its not as new, fresh and exciting as it used to be. I have classes to attend, work to do and things to accomplish. Its like living life at home, except in a different country, with different people, a different language and a different culture. I still feel its where I’m supposed to be and where I belong at the moment, but now I actually have time to think about things and miss the people at home. NOT that I’m sitting here crying or being homesick, its just another set of feelings. For the last couple weeks I’ve felt like everything is new and better here….but now I remember all the things I love about Canada and my heart is a little bit sad.

SO, send me emails! I would love to here any details you feel like sharing!

No comments:

Post a Comment