Monday, October 6, 2008

The place that I live in.....




I thought I might share some details about where it is that Iive, so that when I describe where I’m going it will be easier to understand.
I live in a big city names Köln or Cologne-in English. (I’ve heard that this is actually where cologne (perfume) was invented!?) I live right down town! A 5 minute walk to the beautiful Rhine river, a 5 minute walk to the HUGE main Bahnhof (train station, where I can travel to any part of Germany), a 2 min. walk to my school and a 7 minute walk to the innercity where there is TONS of great shopping!!
My home is a Student apartment. Its not a res like our universities at home, its basically an apartment building that students live in…but there are no res events/social gathering. (yes I am going through a bit of social deprivation) lol but I tihink it will change as soon as classes start. There is already talk of a semester beginning party or something!!
So I live on the 5th floor of this apartment building (which is actually the 6th floor in Canadian terms, because they count ground level as floor zero here)…and I am determined to walk the stairs all the time! (unless carrying vast amounts of groceries ☺
I have a decent sized room, and there is a small, small kitchen and a bathroom that I share with my two other roommates. My windows open up to a busy street where I like to look down at people walking along.
So that is my little life’s surrounding area, once I explore more, I will share again!

No comments:

Post a Comment